Designer of many tatting patterns. Simple method of beaded tatting. Flowers are my inspiration!

Saturday 30 March 2013

Split Chain Doily Set

Here is the pink set completed. It turns out that my neighbour is not really into delicate lacy things so I shall keep this as a "stock" item to give as a present to someone else in the future.
This is my next project - a square motif that can be put together as often as the tatter wishes. The first square was not quite right, but I was pleased when only my second attempt worked very well. I am now in the process of photographing the motifs as I make them so that I can produce a pattern for them. The 4 squares above have not been pressed and so do not look as good as they could. When I have completed the pattern I will post a better picture.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

The pink set is lovely. And the square is quite pretty- I love square motifs!u

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

The pink set will make a wonderful gift for someone. After that much work, it should definitely go to someone who will appreciate it and enjoy it. I love your square. My favorite part of squares is the shape that is created where they come together and I really like this one. At first glance and unblocked, it has a 3d effect there that really appeals to me, too. I can easily imagine one of your 3d blossoms at the center.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love the pink set! Square motifs intrigue me, and I love the fact that they can be joined to create a larger square or a rectangle.

Margarets designer cards said...

The pink set looks gorgeous, what a pity she will miss out of owning such a beautiful piece but as she does not like pretty things its her loss.
Your square motifs looks lovely I am looking forward to seeing how it works out.
Margaret

Allison said...

What a pretty set! Pink can be such a fantastic color all tatted up! Love the idea of a square motif; reminds me of a quilt! Happy Easter!

Crazy Mom! said...

I am certainly into delicate lacy things, should you have the need to rid yourself of these lovelies!

Toptattyhead said...

Thank you, lovely, tatters! Your comments are soooo appreciated.
My dearest friend visited on Saturday and ooed an ahhed so much that she went home with it. Sorry Crazy Mom LOL!

Marty said...

Wow -- I wish you were MY neighbor. That's a beautiful dresser set. The square motifs are really interesting. I like motifs that can be joined to make bigger things.

Barbara Gordon said...

I just love the square one, and the color it's done in also. Everything seems to be round, so lately I like the square and oval ones. The thread used is very neat/rich looking also. I know I've seen this before, and probably put a similar note by it to...